Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lake Michigan in the Winter.

Growing up one of my favorite things my family did was visit Lake MI in the winter. I loved seeing how the ice builds up, how the sand mixes with the snow and how the wind creates so many neat creations. So, as my children have grown I have carried on this family tradition:) Every year I love seeing the excitement in their eyes as we get all bundled up and pack the van for a short trip out to Holland, MI. I love hearing the squells of delight they have as they RUN out of the van and out into the snow/sand. The giggles as they slip and slide around on the ice are priceless! And my camera can't capture all of that, but my HEART DOES! And These memories will forever be cherished as we all grow older.  Here are a few pics I captured while out on the lake shore. 

















 The kids love climbing and exploring all the ice burgs.
 We even bring the Dog along- he loves running around the snow.








There are so many people who live in MI, yet have never been out to the lake int he winter! I suggest you take a trip out there and explore! You won't be disappointed. It is beautiful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment